The blue sky, the fresh air, and the soothing green scenery become one of the tourist choices for families while on vacation. Beware of climate change that can backfire for your child. The thin air at a certain height can affect the quality of the child’s health to make him short of breath. Not to mention the trip to the winding peak, until some cases make children experience motion sickness on the journey accompanied by severe vomiting to lack of fluids. And if you already lack fluids, it can endanger the child’s life. Additionally, your child will also need a good lodging so he or she can rest well. That’s why if you go to North Carolina, we recommend you to check out vacation rentals in Blowing Rock North Carolina.
You know your children. If your child is already experiencing frequent motion sickness while on vacation in the mountains, you should do these 7 vacation tips to reduce the risk of sick children on their way to the mountains:
1. Prepare a pillow, blanket, and your baby’s favorite doll if the estimated trip in the car to the mountains takes more than 3 hours. Make your child comfortable in the car will affect the child’s health.
2. Always prepare a first aid kit for children that you can get here. This first aid kit can be carried easily and is equipped with medicines needed to keep the child healthy.
3. To prevent nausea in the journey, some parents believe that sleep can improve the quality of their health. Before doing the climb, make the child sleep naturally.
4. To prevent vomiting if your child does not manage to fall asleep, keep your child’s body warm by using warm oil that is already available in your child’s first-aid kit.
5. To prevent dehydration due to vomiting, meet the fluid needs with mineral water.
6. Always take care of the child’s normal diet by making a breakfast schedule, lunch and dinner following with snacks between the three large meals.
7. Do not let them experience fatigue from sitting too long in the vehicle or tired from climbing mountains. Make them satisfied with the green scenery and clean air without having to climb to a high peak.