There are numerous factors to consider when selecting the best church website builder.
Take some time to imagine the church website of your dreams before narrowing down your options for the best church organization software!
1. Ask the appropriate questions
Here are some questions to ask yourself as you look for the best website builder.
– What do I want visitors to my website to feel?
– What web pages do I require?
– What kind of look and feel do I want for my church website?
– What are the most important features of my church website?
– How much time and money am I prepared to put into my website?
– Do I want to hire an expert or do I want to do everything myself?
There are church-specific templates available, but they may not be appropriate for your church’s needs.
2. Hold the appropriate conversations
Bring your entire team into the conversation once you have a good idea of what your ideal website will look like. Consider everyone who will be impacted by your website, including:
– Church pastors
– IT and/or communications staff
– Members of the church
– Members of the community and prospective churchgoers
Getting everyone on the same page with your church communication strategy from the beginning will save you a lot of trouble later on. You want the right people at the planning table to ensure that your site meets the needs of everyone involved. And you won’t have any unintended consequences or gaps.
3. Employ eye-catching visuals
People are visual creatures. Nobody likes reading long passages of text. Visually appealing elements such as photos, videos, and infographics should be included on your website. These types of content are more likely to capture and hold the attention of your audience. Let’s face it: video is king these days!
Most website builders allow you to add video content to your site. Just make sure the platform you choose makes it simple and has enough storage space.